Sunday, October 16, 2011
The Top 20 Greatest American Standards: 2011 Edition
1. "How Do You Keep The Music Playing": 1982 music by Michel Legrand and Lyrics by Alan & Marilyn Berman for the movie "Best Friends".
2. "Something": 1969 music and words by Beatle George Harrison
3. "The Shadow Of Your Smile": 1965 Music by Johnny Mandel and Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster for the film, "The Sandpiper". This song won a Grammy for Song of the Year and also an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
4. "Send In The Clowns": 1973 Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim for his 1973 musical, "A Little Night Music".
THE 20 GREATEST AMERICAN STANDARDS: 2011 EDITION
1. You've Changed
2. What's New?
3. The Nearness of You
4. My Funny Valentine
5. Embraceable You
6. The Very Thought of You
7. Here's That Rainy Day
8. I've Got You Under My Skin
9. Over The Rainbow
10. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
11. In The Still Of The Night
12. Night And Day
13. Someone To Watch Over Me
14. How Do You Keep The Music Playing?
16. The Way You Look Tonight
17. They Can't Take That Away From Me
18. Send In The Clowns
19. The Shadow Of Your Smile
20. These Foolish Things
These are my personal favorites and how I rank them. I am sure you have your own favorites. I would love to get some comments from you!
A couple of months ago, I received an email from Bianca Rossini informing me that she had just published a new CD. She offered to send...
In reviewing some music blogs today, I see several have listed their picks for the "Top Love Songs" of all times. As you would ex...
It's hard for me to believe that it's been a year since I first published my list of "The 20 Greatest American Standards Ever ...
Wayne Boyer, Mike Costley, Henry Franklin Wayne Boyer Henry Franklin and Dennis Michaels If you like songs from the...