Sunday, November 8, 2009
Top 20 Greatest American Standard Love Songs Ever Written
Off the list:
1. Lush Life
2. This Bitter Earth
3. I Can't Get Started
4. It Never Entered My Mind
5. As Time Goes By
New On The List:
1. They Can't Take That Away From Me: George & Ira Gershwin
2. At Last: Mack Gordon & Harry Warren
3. All My Tomorrows: Jimmy Van Heusen & Sammy Cahn
4. In The Still Of The Night: Cole Porter
5. The Way You Look Tonight:Jerome Kern & Dorothy Fields
20 GREATEST AMERICAN STANDARDS
1. The Nearness of You
2. Here's That Rainy Day
3. Embraceable You
4. My Funny Valentine
5. What's New
6. The Very Thought Of You
7. Body and Soul
8. You've Changed
9. I've Got You Under My Skin
10. In The Still Of The Night
11. Over The Rainbow
12. Bewitched, Bothered, And Bewildered
13. Someone To Watch Over Me
14. Night And Day
15. At Last
16. They Can't Take That Away From Me
17. All My Tomorrows
18. All The Things You Are To Me
20. The Way You Look Tonight
CD Review: "The Music of Gary Lindsay: Are We Still Dreaming" Featuring the South Florida Jazz Orchestra"
Grammy-nominated Arranger Gary Lindsay has released a new CD, "The Music of Gary Lindsay: Are We Still Dreaming" feat...
I recently came across a blog posted by The Miami Herald in its Entertainment Blog. The article listed Andrea Bocelli's top five favo...
In reviewing some music blogs today, I see several have listed their picks for the "Top Love Songs" of all times. As you would ex...
It's hard for me to believe that it's been a year since I first published my list of "The 20 Greatest American Standards Ever ...